Go on, admit it: you have that one mate whose girlfriend loves beer and sometimes you wish yours did too. Whether it’s because you want to share your passion for pale ale, save a few dollars next time you buy a round or because part of you is secretly hoping if she likes beer a love of televised sport is sure to follow, we have some ideas you might want to try. In the words of Anchorman’s Brian Fantana, 60% of the time they work every time. Good luck.
1. Deliver your lady a cold one via adorable dog/bunny/hedgehog. Why? Conditioning. If you teach her to associate beer with a pleasant experience, science tells us there will be a time in the not-too-distant future when she’ll see beer itself as 100% enjoyable. It’s safe to say grade 10 biology has never had a better real-life application.2. Wean her on to beer with a trusty snakebite. It’s half beer, half cider and all parts delicious.
3. Or, if even this seems like a stretch, mix beer with lemonade, presenting your better half with a deliciously sweet shandy.
4. If she’s progressed up the levels with some success, your next move is Moon Dog Ogden Nash’s Pash Rash, an ale which is brewed with 5800 Redskins per batch. It’s technically beer but it tastes like lollies, hopefully ranking as a win for you both.5. If tough love’s more your cup of tea, tell your lovely g-fry you’ve bought her chocolate but she can’t have it until she finishes a stubby.
6. Bake Nigella’s famous Chocolate Guinness Cake. Points for baking, pints for eating. See what we did there?
7. Maybe your lady’s not drinking the good stuff because she’s avoiding gluten. As luck would have it, Peroni makes a gf beer that tastes just like the real thing. Problem solved.
8. Give her a Brewquet ‘just because’. For the uninitiated, this is a bouquet of beer which she’ll surely love just as much as flowers.
9. Educate her on the health benefits of a good ale, dropping fun facts like one modest schmiddy provides 12% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin B6, as well as a nice antioxidant boost. It’s practically the next kale.
10. If all else fails, serve it in fun glitter cups featuring print-outs of Ryan Gosling’s face.