The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer. Woo! No more ice on our windshields in the morning. Spring has finally arrived in Melbourne and here’s how to make the most of it.
1. The first way to kick off Spring is with the Melbourne International Arts Festival. From 2 to 20 October 2019 witness the celebration of life, music and art through a variety of events. Find out more here.
2. Wander around Queen Victoria Market and browse the locally made jewellery and fashion. If you’re staying at Adina Apartment Hotels, grab some fresh produce from the markets and take it back to your apartment to cook up a storm.
3. Enjoy a relaxing picnic at the Royal Botanic Gardens. Pack a picnic blanket and don’t forget the cheese! Once you’re done eating, take a walk along one of the many paths and take in the picturesque views.
4. Photograph the street art across Melbourne’s CBD. Start at Hoiser Lane, then walk to Centre Place. The art is often covered up and repainted so there is always something new to see.
5. Visit Higher Ground in the CBD for a delicious brunch. You can’t go past the signature dish, a huge ricotta hotcake drizzled with maple syrup and cream. You may not need dinner after this one!
6. Wind your windows down and feel the breeze in your hair as you enjoy a road trip to Marysville. 1 and a half hours drive from Melbourne; Marysville is the perfect weekend escape from the busy city. Stay at Vibe Marysville for an experience you won’t forget.