Winter is the perfect time to explore Queensland’s beautiful Gold Coast. The city’s trademark vistas are at their peak, thanks to crisp winter air, the crowds are small, and - if you’re from anywhere south of the border - it’s still warm enough to swim.
Need more convincing? Here’s your official Gold Coast winter bucket list.
1. Go for a massage, steam, and soak at Greenhouse The Bathhouse in Burleigh Heads, aka the perfect holiday indulgence.
2. Book yourself in for a Pasta Master Class at Salt Meats Cheese in Surfers Paradise. You get a new skill, a big plate of pasta, and a glass of wine. Not a bad way to spend a winter’s day, huh?
3. Take a morning to explore the boutique shopping at Burleigh Heads. Our top picks are Bird on a Wire, Emte, and Sean Scott Boutique.
4. Make like a true Queenslander and sample a famous Betty’s Burger.
5. Test out your swing at Topgolf; a new kind of driving range. Think giant targets that light up when hit, private bays, live music, and drinks at the ready.
6. Indulge in a seriously delicious pastry at Paddock Bakery in Miami. With a cabinet full of decadent creations like tiramisu doughnuts and salted caramel cruffins, it’s a good idea to arrive hungry.
7. Take a sunset walk around Burleigh Headland, timing it so you can watch the sun disappear from Tumgun Lookout. If you’re here in August, chances are you’ll see some fireflies too!
8. Head to Miami Marketta and check out the coast’s best foodie market. Decked out with 25 delicious stalls (including a dessert hall), live music, and lots of space to sit and mingle, a trip here is guaranteed to fill up your evening in the best way possible.
9. Explore the Gold Coast’s best bars. Chasing retro beach club vibes? With its poolside cabanas, jumbo lawn games, and inflatable flamingos, Driftwood Social is your top pick. On the hunt for a secret wine bar? Head to Mr P.P’s Deli & Rooftop in Southport. After something a little more relaxed? Check out Southport’s Last Night On Earth, where you’ll find board games, craft beer, and Wednesday night trivia.
10. Spend the night at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, soak in the beach vibes in the new-look lobby, wake up to stunning views over the Nerang River, and high-five yourself for doing winter right.