We’ll sanitise your hotel room, but we won’t sterilise our welcome
At TFE Hotels, we want to give every guest that stays with us the peace of mind to know their health and wellbeing is our very top priority.
After all, our hotels have always had rigorous standards for cleaning and safety. And, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we worked with our housekeeping and cleaning partners to deliver hygiene protocols over and above the World Health Organisation’s Best Practice recommendations.
We give you our firm promise as hoteliers that, when you stay with us, we will look after you.
In a world Post COVID, safety remains our priority and we’ll continue to do what we do best as hoteliers.
We’ll also commit to giving our guests greater visibility of what we do behind-the-scenes to keep you safe. We call our health and hygiene program Clean Touch. It’s just a safety culture that’s firmly embedded in our business and hygiene standards that are as second nature to us as our customer service.
What You Will See in Our Hotels
- We have changed the way we communicate pre stay to give guests peace of mind that health, safety and hygiene is top of mine.
- Social distancing protocols have been rolled out in all shared spaces.
- Check-in and Check-out looks a little different because we’ve implemented controls to reduce direct contact with workers and guests, we’ve removed single use pens and moved to cashless payments and introduced new cash handling procedures.
- We are introducing a Virtual Registration Card that can be filled in on your phone up to 48 hours in advance of your arrival.
- We have introduced contactless cleaning procedures in the hotel and a 100pt checklist for deep cleans.
- COVID-appropriate signage (including hand hygiene and cough etiquette messaging) has been introduced.
- Sanitation levels were increased in hotels across all high traffic, high touchpoint and shared area surfaces. We also increased the frequency of cleans in public bathrooms, toilets and public areas.
- Hand sanitiser stations are now located in common areas and at key touch points like in lifts as are tissue boxes to prevent skin to surface contact.
- We decluttered unnecessary items from hotel rooms – extra pillows, blankets, decorative items.
- High touch points in rooms are given extra attention - remote controls are cleaned and sealed in bags.
- Room service now operates with knock and drop contactless delivery.
- All staff have been given the appropriate PPE gear. At time of writing, masks remain voluntary unless dependent on current legislation (e.g. Saxony Germany where it is compulsory to wear them).
- The way we present our crockery, utensils and glassware in your hotel room will look a little different
Behind The Scenes
- Senior Leaders within TFE Hotels formed a COVID-19 working group in mid-January 2020 who spearheaded safety and hygiene protocols and delivery throughout the pandemic and beyond.
- TFE Hotels’ enhanced safety protocols (food service, safety and cleaning) have been designed to meet and exceed world best practice for the World Health Organisation and Australian Health Department.
- State, territory or local government protocols were carefully cross-checked to ensure full compliance and we were nimble in our responses. We are proud of what we have done and will continue to achieve.
- We employ a dedicated team of WPH&S safety professionals to oversee the implementation of all cleanliness and hygiene practices and ensured compliance with health and travel advisories and government guidelines. During COVID-19, this team modified our and rolled out existing SOPs to comply with Government guidelines and restrictions to maintain a safe work environment for our team.
- We implemented team personal hygiene and cleaning controls across our global network. In additional to personal protective equipment (PPE and thermometers), team members received the standard operating protocols needed to deliver on enhanced safety protocols.
- Business continuity planning was conducted to ensure we could continue to deliver the high levels of service at all times. We worked closely with our external suppliers and partners to understand how they interacted with us in our day-to-day operations. From this audit, we introduced enhanced procedures (like greater transparency around annual leave) as an added layer of protection.
- From our kitchens to our back offices to our hotel rooms, we continue to stem the spread of bacteria through strong hand hygiene management and heightened surface and floor disinfectant protocols. This includes high touch surfaces in guest rooms and shared spaces.
- Deep cleans post stay were elevated from commercial grade to hospital grade.
- The veracity and high safety profile of the cleaning products used in our hotels has been certified by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. Our suppliers use non-hazardous chemicals with hospital grade, broad spectrum bacteria-killing properties.
- We made changes to processes for our Fire Life and Safety providers to ensure their safety when attending for alarms and repairs.
- We are in the process of introducing no-touch tech solutions – like QR Codes for compendiums, menus and room service – to help minimise contact and reduce the transmission of germs.