Just 80km south of Sydney along the Grand Pacific Drive, Wollongong offers a laid back surfy vibe after the bustle of the city. If you're planning a weekend away, check out our Top 5 fabulous things to do whilst you're in Wollongong!
1. With an almost continuous chain of surf beaches peppering the choastline and the cliffline of the rainforest-covered Illawarra escarpment, it's not hard to enjoy one of the many scenic walks (or bike rides) on the south coast. From WIN stadium to Flagstaff Hill and beyond, there's something for everyone.
2. Check out the Deli & Dine on Market opposite Adina Wollongong. The gourmet café/deli is famous for its eye-catching grazing boxes OR why not grab all the ingredients you need for a picnic and explore the spectacular countryside.
3. Take a stroll up Crown Street Mall to Globe Lane, a funky laneway with hidden cafés, bars and restaurants.
4. Visit the Foragers market at the Bulli showground on the second Sunday of every month for terrific street food, organic produce, independent fashion labels, plants and artisan products.
5. Enjoy the thrill of a lifetime by doing a tandem hang-glide from Hill 60 with Hangglide Oz. It's the best way to get your heart pumping and to get a bird’s eye view of the region; and best of all - no experience is necessary.
And when the sightseeing is done, head back to the Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong for a little lazy time on the couch. With space to stretch out, a kitchen and laundry, you'll be spoiled with all the comforts of home on your seaside escape.
Peace of mind when you stay with us: Introducing Clean Touch.