Running from 24 October – 10 November 2019, Sculpture by the Sea attracts more and more people each year, with half a million people flocking to Bondi in 2018. While it can get a bit crazy, we’ve got the tips to help you enjoy it and not go home feeling grumpy and exhausted.
1. Go early – like, really early. We suggest getting there around sunrise when the only people you’ll be sharing the sculptures with will be early morning runners.
2. Visit on a weekday rather than the weekend to miss the crowds and avoid the last weekend like the plague!
3. Park around Tamarama or Bronte. Or better yet, ditch your car and get the bus from Bondi Junction.
4. Bring water and a snack. While it’s only a 2km walk, it can get very hot on the coast at this time of year.
5. Purchase the catalogue. They’re only $10 and can be found at both Bondi Beach and Tamarama. It’s particularly useful to find out what materials the sculptures are made out of and the story behind them.